It’s competition time!
We’re giving away a signed copy of ‘Travels with my Granny’ in time for Christmas! Details about the book, how to enter and T&Cs are below.
With 850,000 people living with dementia in the UK, 47 million worldwide – and rising fast – it is inevitable that children are now coming across dementia whether in their own families, those of classmates or just on the streets. One in three young
people already knows someone with dementia and that proportion is only going to increase. So, what do you say to a five-year-old?
The grown-ups say Granny is confused and doesn’t know where she is, but the grandchild tells us, “I think she knows exactly where she is. It just isn’t where the grown-ups are.”
For kids, Juliet Rix’s new book is a fun story about travel and places, for the adults it is a way to gently introduce dementia to kids and put in place (almost unnoticed) a way to explain if you are in contact with an older person who is forgetful or behaving strangely.
Win a free signed copy!
To be in with a chance of winning, simply fill in your name and email address using the link below or tag yourself on our special ‘Travels with my Granny’ giveaway Facebook or Twitter posts.
Terms and conditions
1. Terms and conditions – this is a Shift8* competition. To enter, participants either complete the online entry form, tag themselves on one of the Facebook posts or retweet the Twitter posts.
This competition will run until 9.30am Saturday 1st December 2018.
2. There will be 1 winner who will be selected at random, after the competition deadline of 9.30am Saturday 1st December 2018, who has fulfilled the criteria in 1) above. Entries made after this point will not be counted.
3. The contest is open to residents of the United Kingdom (England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland) over except for Shift 8 Limited employees, all contractors and families or anyone directly connected with the organisation, and operators of its brand or products.
4. The prize consists of 1 x signed copy of the book “Travels with my Granny” – by Juliet Rix.
5. If you are the lucky winner, you will need to provide your email address, contact phone number and home address as instructed at the time of being announced as our winner. Further details will then be provided by Shift8* as to how you claim your prize.
6. We reserve the right to provide an alternative prize of equal or greater value in the event of unforeseen circumstances.
7. Only one entry per person will be accepted. In the event of multiple entries being received from the same person, the first entry only will be accepted.
8. No purchase is necessary, however you will need an internet connection. No refund may be claimed for expenses incurred in participating in the promotion, including in relation to the use of the internet.
9. We reserve the right to exclude any entries which we believe to be inappropriate, fraudulent or based on misconduct.
10. The prize is non-transferable, non-refundable and cannot be exchanged for any cash alternatives in whole or in part.
11. The winner will have 48 hours to claim their prize from the date that they are announced as a winner. After this time we reserve the right to select a new winner.
12. The decisions of the promoter are final and no correspondence will be entered into.
13. By taking part in this promotion, all participants consent to us collecting, storing and using their personal data submitted with their entry for the purposes of this promotion.
14. Any personal data relating to participants will be used solely in accordance with current UK data protection legislation and will not be used for marketing purposes without the individual’s prior consent.
15. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook, Twitter or any other third party platform.
16. The promoter does not accept responsibility for entries that are lost, damaged or delayed. For example, as a result of network, system development, computer or telecommunications failures or fault of any kind – including any hardware, programming code, databases or software used in the promotion.
17. The promoter reserves the right to withdraw or amend without notice this promotion in the event of any unforeseen circumstances outside of its reasonable control.
18. This promotion and these terms and conditions are governed by English law and subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.